Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exacto!

For Christmas I got an Exacto knife (I know... who asks for an Exacto knife from Santa?) which has led to a flurry of paper cuttings, trimmings, pieces, scraps... basically a huge mess in my living room. I'm experimenting with the technique of cutting out designs and then using them as stencils. This had resulted in, uh, varied results...


This was the first attempt. These slivers are basically the easiest shape to make with the knife I discovered. However, the card stock I used didn't hold up really well which led to a lot of smudging.
This is a tree. A what? A tree. A what? A tree. Oh, a tree! Less smudging.
Last one is on canvas. In addition to the paint, I also ended up pasting some on the scraps on. Anyways, that's what I did over Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment