Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Response 2: Paper Pushing and a Project

As previously admitted, I've been increasingly enamored with wedding design blogs, so my classmate Gina and I have been sharing our favorites since her blog falls right into this category. In her latest post, she shared some fun invitations/save-the-date designs all of which I love.

There's just something about fun notecards and stationary that really make me wish I wrote more than a handful of thank you cards in a year. Below are the note cards I used for Christmas and birthday thank you notes this year. Both were picked up from the Michael's dollar bin while I was there probably buying a whole bunch of stuff I miiiiight need.


In addition to note cards, I also love paper products in general. I am super envious of so many designers who create patterns for cards, wallpaper, fabric, you name it. One of my recent favorites has been Jessica Swift. I can't even remember how I stumbled across her blog a few weeks ago but I was instantly in love with her fun designs and products. So when she posted an amazing deal to get a pack of scraps of her beautiful paper I jumped all over it envisioning the many decoupage projects I was about to embark on.

Materials ready!
So here's the first of many (so many scraps left yaaay). I transformed a Mead composition notebook into something infinitely more stylish with some Mod Podge glue and a roll of contact paper. I picked out some coordinated scraps and glued them to the notebook, then covered the whole thing with contact paper. The whole thing took about 20 minutes. Here's the result!

Front

Back
I haven't decided yet what to write in said notebook (a chronic problem for me... buying beautiful notebooks with no intention of writing in them) but I love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment