Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Tablet of My Dreams

I feel really lucky that my boyfriend loves creative stuff as much as I do, whether it's suggesting a daytrip to a "barn sale" in Frederick to score some weird old furniture or drawing his comic. One thing I'm really thankful for is that he has some of the tools I don't. I'm talking about this baby. Mmm, a Wacom Bamboo tablet. Something that's sort of been on my list of things-I-would-buy-if-I-had-money. Also on this list is this lovely Nikon and this Dyson... uh... unrelated to design on that last one but oh how I drool over it. Yes, I'm old, but if you had a beagle shedding her winter coat ALL OVER the apartment, you'd be drooling too. 

I finally took the time this evening to install the software on my computer and start practicing. To my dismay, it's going to take a lot of practice. Drawing on the tablet is much different that doodling in the margins of my notebook during meetings. So I started working on a fun signature, see above. If anyone has tips or helpful hints about drawing on tablets... I welcome them. If anyone has $500 for me to buy a Dyson, I'd welcome that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment