Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Let's Call it Plan B-Dot-0

Alright, let's talk a little about me. If you don't want to talk about me, you can just admire my latest and greatest pattern seen below. If you want, you can click on it and make it your desktop wallpaper! Because I love you Internet. Ok? Ok. 
Let's be real. I am not an easily motivated person. Really. I know that's shocking. So I've decided I need to lay out a plan to help me be more motivated towards a creative goal. Here are some of the steps:

1. Draw: I doodle a lot, but now the goal is to make those doodles into patterns. Also, I just need to practice, practice, practice to keep getting better at drawing and stuff.

2. Share: Share everything I'm drawing/creating plus maybe get some feedback?

3. Read: There's a lot of people on the internet that like to give advice to creative people about how to turn their creativity into a living. I'm gonna read some of it. I'm also going to read the blogs of illustrators, graphic designers and surface designers who inspire me.

So, I'm hoping that these first three steps will help me decide the next steps to take. Despite the fact that I'll be finishing my grad degree in Public Relations in December, should I go get an art/graphic design degree next? What kind of products could I make/sell with my patterns? Should I open an Etsy store? Is this just a hobby that I love and nothing more?

Yeah, that's A LOT to decide and it's pretty important to me. I'm not gonna quit my day job or anything, but I really love this stuff. Anyways, enough about me, what do you think? Do you have a three-step plan? Any suggestions on what to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment