Friday, October 21, 2011

Wok This Way

Okay, I know that's a really lame title for a post. True story... I was in my car singing to Beastie Boys and there's a line in one song, "I'll stir fry you in my wok." (Ten points if you can name the song).

I know this is weird but I thought, I can draw a wok! So I did, and some chopsticks. I also tried little rice pieces (kernels?) but they looked weird. Yeah... my creative process is also weird.
Wok
One thing I'm learning from my surface design text book is trying to practice other styles of patterns. I've got a pretty good handle on abstract patterns, but as per usual... not so good at the things-that-look-like-things category.

So here's a first step. Not super complicated but I kinda like how it also looks kind of abstract and not too different from my overall style.

No comments:

Post a Comment