I did a ton of sketches to try and decide on a final style. I debated some borders, etc. to spice things up. I also wrote the word "girl" too many times and decided it is a really weird word. Here is a small selection...
I used a chalk marker which was a new experience for me. I also got a chalk pen to make baselines, etc. to make sure things were moooostly straight. When I was done I used a moist Q-tip to erase the guidelines. (Q-tips are good for so.many.things)
Before it headed out the door, I took some test photos to make sure it will look great indoors/outdoors/in photos.
Speaking of outdoors... yay for my flowers blooming in the backyard! #unrelated
Also, I'm messing around with my blog header again because I decided my new/old one kind of stinks. But the colors are doing all kinds of weird things on me so just ignore the "construction." :o)