Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Raining It's Pouring

Something about being stuck inside for days really gets my fingers itching to doodle. Last week's Hurricane Sandy was no different. On a semi-related note, our new neighborhood is almost directly adjacent to an A.C. Moore craft store. Dangerous for obvious reasons. I recently maaay have purchased an 18x24" drawing pad.

Of course this created the perfect storm for some weather-related art.
In addition to my big new pad of paper, I also broke out some crayons from a 120 Big Box I've been saving for oh, like, five years. #crayolaconfessions. Here are some progress shots.
5.5x8.5" mini version completed during a particularly long teleconference. 
Pencil sketch. Kind of hard to see. Bailey was very annoyed because I was ignoring her.
Outlined in gray marker. Complete with cozy socks. Gives you some perspective about how big it is. My wrist was definitely aching after I finished each layer. Of course this is not my first weather related art. Let's not forget my Snowpocalypse 2010 bubble wrap painting...
What did you do during the hurricane? Any out-of-control art projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment