Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Highschool Doodles & The (Claymation) Crucible

First of all, thanks to everyone who commented here and on Facebook/Twitter/G+ about our kitchen island. As I said, Kevin deserves a lot of the credit and we're just super excited to have more counterspace. Thanks for the love! Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled programming... sometime around 9th or 10th grade I started doodling madly in my classes instead of taking notes.
Like many a teenager, I dragged around countless composition notebooks and scribbled down my angst-y teenage thoughts. Gems I assure you. However on a recent trip home to Florida I riffled through to grab a few snapshots of blog-worthy doodles like the above.
Above are about half of the notebooks.
This makes me want to run out and buy graph paper. Not just good for plotting points!
Here's a happy looking crab. To be fair I think this actually was for my Marine Biology class. Oh yeah! Florida education!
An early one, full of angst-y symbolism.
In case you can't read this it says, "I saw Goody Gumby with the devil." Brought to you by Arthur Miller's The (Claymation) Crucible. That's probably not a thing but I wish it was. It would be almost as amazing at The Crucible: A One Woman Show in One Act. Yep, highschool was pretty silly.
Graph paper! Ok, so that's most of what I found but pretty much all I captured as I was rushing to bed before my 7 am flight the next day. In my next post (or a future post... I make no promises), I'll do a mash up of my Out of Context series with random thoughts I wrote down in one of the notebooks circa 2002. If you thought I said random things now, you didn't know me when I was 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment