Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week 13: The Moral of the Story

It seems we've come to the part of the show/semester where I get to talk about what I learned. Not to get all mushy about it, but being forced to blog for class was probably the best thing that's ever happened to this blog. It not only forced me to practice my writing, but also to stretch my design skills. 

The above illustration is a good example. I took an old ink drawing from forever ago and digitally colored and manipulated it in Photoshop, something I've never done before for some reason. Before this semester, I was sort of in a lull on the creative/doodling front, but this has forced me to make time and to WANT to make time to create new things. 

I've really remembered how much I love drawing and designing. I've been flattered by friends, co-workers and classmates who have commented in person, on Facebook and here. 

So the moral of the story is that I'm going to keep it up even if it's challenging to find time. As was the case in the beginning of the semester, I'm still not really sure where I go from here with these weird doodles... I'm not quittin' my day job as they say. But, maybe someday :o)

Thanks and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment