Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's a Birthday Miracle!

For my birthday this past weekend, Kevin ordered me several fabrics from Spoonflower. Not just any fabrics though, fabrics with my patterns on them!
This one is also my Twitter background :)
Since I've been on a pattern-design hiatus with school and now wedding planning, it was an amazing surprise to see how patterns I designed looked on real fabric instead of just on-screen.
An example of where I actually tried to carry colors through multiple patterns.
I think I had been hesitating to actually order them, even though that had been my intention for a while, because I was so nervous they wouldn't turn out right.
This is Kevin's favorite. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.
And while, there were definitely some little nit-picks that probably only I would notice, seeing them on fabric made me feel kind of like a legitimate designer. Kind of like when I got my iPhone cover made.
We got a whole yard of this! What to do, what to do.
Now I just need to think of some sewing projects to use these! We ordered a couple different sizes but hopefully I'll be able to put them all to good use. What do you think? Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment